Documents you'll need

Sorry but paperwork is involved, but we are here to help you.

Below is a list of the papers needed. Simply bring them all to us, we can then deal with them for you. The more you provide us with, the better we can help you.

So here is the list...

Proof of identity and address

You need at least one proof of identity and one proof address for each person on the mortgage.

There are five simple rules:

List A - Proof of Identity - normally one of the following

List B - Proof of address - normally one of the following

Confused? For examples, click here.

Proof of income

Lenders have different requirements, get the following to cover whichever mortgage you decide on.

Employed proof of income

Self Employed/Own Company proof of income

Proof of income for the self-employed (including company director/owners) can be a little complex so we have prepared a special guide for this topic, click here.

Bank statements

Three full months bank statements (not a day short). If you are downloading them, make sure that you get "previous statements" (normally showing your name and address).

Proof of deposit

Examples are:

For an example gifted deposit letter, click here (opens in a new window).

Credit History

Lenders and your advisor will examine your financial history. Follow these instructions to get a free copy:

  1. Go to Money Saving Expert Credit Club, click here (*see note below).
  2. Register and log in.
  3. Go to the "Credit Report" tab.
  4. At the bottom of the page click on “Print or save for your records”.

Not on the electoral role for the last 6 years?

If you haven't been on the electoral role for the last 6 years the lender may ask for proof of where you were living. Examples of what they may ask for are credit card or bank statements, one for each six months that you are missing from the electoral role.

Employment contract and benefit booklet

Do you know exactly the terms of your employment and what if any benefits you are eligible for? If you simply show us your employment contract and employee benefits booklet and we will find out for you.

And remember

*Link opens in a new window outside of Slough Mortgage Centre's website and we cannot be held responsible for the content.

Read our Important Notices and Privacy Policy click here.

Slough Mortgage Centre, a trading name of True Mortgage Advice Ltd, is an Appointed Representative of Julian Harris Mortgages Ltd. Musgrove, Ashford, Kent TN23 7UN, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority no. 304155.

Think carefully before securing debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage or any other debt secured on it. Please note that some mortgages such as commercial BTLs are not regulated by the FCA.

The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is an agency for arbitrating on unresolved complaints between regulated firms and their clients. Full details of the FOS can be found on its website at

© True Mortgage Advice Limited MMIX - MMXXIII. All rights reserved.

Award winning service Certified Mortgage Adviser Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional Valid CSS!